In Loving Memory of Simone Gauthier,
August 26th, 1915 - February 18th, 2008

Monday, September 12, 2005

WE WILL NEVER FORGET!

See the original post at DieCastoms Website

Sept 11, 2005. WE WILL NEVER FORGET!


I started out wishing to construct a cab-over-engine sleeper cab, and flat bed trailer (the trailer being made mostly out of a hand dolly). When I scaled the truck originally based on hand truck tires, I was using the measurement of 4.5 inches. It simply slipped my mind that the 4.5 inches was a measurement of the RIM and not the tire assembly. With the tire being an actual 10 inches in diameter, the truck would have to be 1/4 scale for the tires to look right. After reviewing the website http://www.eastcoastminiclassics.com I see that they use 6 horse 'lawn mower' engines in similar 1/4 scale trucks. Their trucks are capable of pulling a 1200 pound trailer, and up to a 350 pound driver. My truck will not carry a passanger and at the moment I am planning on carrying a 1/4th scale model car.

No comments: