In Loving Memory of Simone Gauthier,
August 26th, 1915 - February 18th, 2008

Monday, September 5, 2005

Radio Control Tractor Trailer, second issue

See the original post at DieCastoms Website

Sept 04, 2005. I am working on ideas to create a reverse gearing system that can be controlled with a push-pull motion of a servo. I havean idea but I have no clue if it will work effectively. Dad says that one of his Mother Earth News magazines has the same'linkage' that I designed in the drawings for a gocart, so I guess I did something right. The linkage requires three identical gears, and two identical pulleys, none of which are anything special. Using one smaller pulley then the the other will effectively drop the ratio for reverse. Here's a B/W of my idea..










I had another idea.. using the mobility scooter differential in place of the red axle in his picture, I can pwoer BOTH rear axles with a sngle chain on each side. I will have to add some srings to it to keep the rear 'truck' from "pulling wheelies" (back axle digging in, front axle lifting off ground). There is a slight chance that this may create a convincing "wheel hop" like big rigs sometimes do.. We'll see.





No comments: