In Loving Memory of Simone Gauthier,
August 26th, 1915 - February 18th, 2008

Friday, September 26, 2008

A chain of recent developments have been made concerning the RC truck.

Possibly THE most important is the simple fact that I have gotten a replacement carburetor for the engine and after bolting it in place, the engine started and ran on it's first crank and has been running properly ever since! I will post some videos soon, once I am able to take them.

Another important step has been the finding of proper axles, evidently as many as I want at VERY reasonable prices! The selection includes plain axles with a differential and sprocket as well as motorized axles from common "mobility scooters."

A co-worker of my father's has offered an RC transmitter and receiver pair as well as 4 servos for as little as $40. There may be an issue since the system is of the older AM band and may or may not work properly in the presence of electrical interference from the engine.

No comments: