In Loving Memory of Simone Gauthier,
August 26th, 1915 - February 18th, 2008

Saturday, August 25, 2007

It's true, I've posted again..

Ok, Here's the latest:

As of July 1st, I'M MARRIED!!!!!!
See some of the pictures at www.tinyurl.com/26cyo9

as for the truck, I have finally found the rear axle! It was an accident that I found this little gem at "Norther Tool and Equipment": http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_35768_35768
It is designed for use in gokarts, so I am sure it can handle the power from the engine, the length of the axle is simply a solid bar so if I have to I can cut it to any length, and there are replacement axles for it if I fuck something up, and Northern Tool also sells matching sprockets so I can drive it off the existing sprocket on my engine.

Also at Northern Tool, http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200330356_200330356
I am still trying to decide exactly what wheel configuration I will end up using. Mostly what I figure is, looking at a few pictures I collected, the truck needs to be about the length of 4 equally spaced axles. If I leave 2 inches between 4 tires and a little more for in front of the front tire and behind the back tire, that will be 2+8+2+8+2+8+2+8+2=(5*2)+(8*4)=10+32=42 inches long! 42inches divided by 12 per foot is 3'6"!!!! With a trailer made out of a 46 inch handtruck, and an overlap of the trailer over the back of the truck of (guessing) 18 inches, that's 46 + 42 - 18 = 70 inches or 5'10" we might as well say 6 feet long!

This truck is getting big.

Thanks to Tim from TimsTrucks.com I have a 1/25th scale body shell from a Peterbilt COE. I took some measurements off of it and drew up a diagram of the truck. Based on the radious of the fenderwell only, I added what looked like appropriate size tires. One pixel of the diagram represents 1 mm on the model that Tim sent. Eventually, 5 pixels on the diagram will represent 1 inch on MY truck.

Interestingly, the cardboard box that Tim shipped the cab in seems to be an appropriate size for the truck box, and was measured and added into the diagram, just for the hell of it.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y89/Valkyn/mikes/acc885ce.jpg

No comments: